Over the past year, SDI’s drilling engineering team has made significant progress in better understanding the dynamics of the Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA), and how it performs in the wellbore with respect to lateral vibration.
By deploying an Enhanced Drilling Services offering, managing/analyzing data received from the tool runs to capture run lengths (time), and exposure to cumulative vibration (both Lateral and Axial), we can achieve the following:
- Understand BHA performance by wellbore profile (field/area/region) – providing a regional advantage to drive performance enhancements.
- Understand BHA performance by Service Location – Service Quality and Competency Management tool.
- Make “Real World” recommendations and record learnings going forward for BHA characteristics as well as overall performance from well to well.
- Maximize ROP performance in order to complete wells on time and under budget.
- Market advantage and clear performance differentiators when selling against competitors resulting in an increase in directional revenue.
By establishing a BHA analysis based largely on lateral vibration and leveraging knowledge on how it affects the drilling performance, SDI can assist the operator in tailoring the BHA on a well to well or pad to pad basis to maximize results. This represents a step change in our operations by evolving from service provider to Enhanced Solutions Partner. There is considerable value in incorporating the proposed “DRILLING BASED ON SCIENCE” way of doing business. Once fully integrated and used effectively, it can add incremental reliability and performance to our clients while reducing Non Productive Time (NPT).
Pre-Well Engineering analysis is based off the proposed well plan including:
- Lateral Vibration (core of the offering)
- Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) design
- Tool Face Analysis (TFA)
- Side-force Analysis
- Build Rate (BUR) Analysis
- Torque & Drag (T&D)
- Stabilization options
- Conclusions and summary of recommendations