HOUSTON, TX, April 4, 2013 – Scientific Drilling International (SDI) today introduced its geosteering solution, Sci-Steer™. Sci-Steer is a combination of high performance technology, reliable software and expertise tailored to deliver the optimal wellbore placement. It combines the petrophysical response of SDI’s downhole sensors and the geological interpreted environment. Sci-Steer™ Overview Video
“Sci-Steer uses MWD and LWD data and combines it with the interpreted seismic to provide a 3D geological perspective of the drilling corridor in real time, thus mitigating risk”, said Carlos Manrique, Global Product Line Manager. “This allows the user to visualize the sweet spot of the reservoir as drilling progresses.”
Sci-Steer delivers the ultimate value to the customer, by targeting what’s important:
- Increasing production by ensuring optimal reservoir contact
- Enhancing drilling efficiency with the integration of downhole data and the 3D geological database. This greatly minimizes non-productive time as it enables the customer to make faster, more informed decisions.
- Allowing remote operation from any location for real time collaboration with specialists
- Ensuring highly accurate data interpretation to help plan future wells
- Improving reservoir drainage and hydrocarbon recovery that won’t negatively impact the long-term value of the field.
SDI is able to deliver this value by utilizing information from multiple offset wells to generate a single integrated model, and updating the models and well paths in real time as new geology is encountered. This allows structural maps to be updated in time to plan upcoming wells in the area.
Scientific Drilling International (SDI) is the largest independent directional drilling and wellbore placement service provider with operations strategically located around the globe. SDI has assembled a unique combination of experienced professionals and a deep portfolio of innovative drilling and production technologies. SDI is based in Houston, TX. More information about SDI is available at scientificdrilling.com.