Each ranging measurement, which is recorded while drilling, is referenced back to the surface field source and does not compound errors from previous stations. When operating in highly congested environments, the SurfaceTraC System is the ultimate solution for delivering optimally placed and cost effective shallow horizontal wellbores.
Also available in Spanish.
Delivering the Ultimate Value
- No additional downhole equipment is required, providing cost savings and safer operations
- Ellipse of Uncertainty (EOU) remains the same at each survey point, eliminating growing EOU and ensuring that wellbore placement in the producing zone is optimized
- Significantly reduces the need for survey management, minimizing extra rig time, and eliminating additional costs
- Ability to avoid collisions with vertical observation wells without the need to access the cased vertical well
- System is ideally suited to confirm TVD of extended reach horizontal wells, and to optimize spacing between horizontal wellbores
- Utilizes a GPS surveyed position at surface for high-accuracy wellbore placement
- Ability to be installed on short notice for greater efficiency
- Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD)
- Mining, River Crossings, etc.
- Collision Avoidance